- TRADITIONAL DONGA Ideal for Indian rice dishes; Also unique soup tureen for all types of cuisine
- ARTISAN QUALITY INDIAN HANDICRAFTS Handmade in North India from the finest of materials
- DURABLE & PRACTICAL Indian cookware lined with stainless steel for strength; Holds 750 mL; 6.5" x 2.5"
- EXQUISITE COPPER KITCHENWARE Beautiful hammered finish outside makes these bowls decorative
- UNIQUE COPPER KITCHEN GIFTS Surprise someone for a special occasion!
The Donga Indian Serveware Soup Tureen with Glass Lid called donga. A donga is similar to a western soup tureen in that it has a tapered body and a lid with a decorative handle. The lid on the top of the copper kitchenware helps to keep foods hot until they reach the table and can also seal moisture inside of dishes to keep them from drying out. In India, a copper kitchen donga is often used to serve biryani and curry over rice; however, you can easily use this Indian Serveware as a soup tureen for any recipe.
Artisan crafted in North India, the Donga Indian Serveware Soup Tureen Bowls are true Indian handicrafts. The outside of the bowls is made out of hammered copper for beauty, and the inside is lined with nonreactive, noncorrosive stainless steel to enhance durability and protect food. The lid on each soup tureen has an ornately engraved handle for added style. Each of the Indian Serveware bowls holds 750 milliliters of food, which is typically a double portion. The bowls measure 6.5 inches in diameter at their widest points, and they weigh 780 grams. With the lid is in place, one of these pieces of copper kitchenware measures 4.5 inches, and the bowl is 2.5 inches tall without the lid.
Serve everything from your grandmother's vegetable soup recipe to an exotic biryani dish in elegant style or give someone copper kitchen gifts that will last a lifetime! Order the Donga Indian Serveware Soup Tureen Set today!